I’m really liking Dan Pink’s travel tips. I just watched his latest short video Travel Tip #9: Avoiding Jet Lag. Here’s a quick synopsis:
Key issues are time, food, & light.
- adjust your watch to the new time zone as soon as you sit in your seat on the plane
- try to only sleep during regular “sleeping” times of the place where you are going
- eat less; try to eat no more than 1/2 of what is offered to you
- once you are at your destination, eat when and what is appropriate for that time of day
LIGHT (most important)
- once you land, DO NOT SLEEP if it is light outside
On my last trip to Japan, I found it very easy to adjust going there, but the trip back was brutal. I’m going to follow these tips on my October trip and see if it helps.