One correction from yesterday:
The Learning 2.0 Conversation was facilitated by Ben Wilkoff. (I’m not sure how/why I assumed Budtheteacher.) It was a great conversation that I hope continues. Some key points:
1. How do we keep alive the momentum of conversations like this? How do we help them to expand beyond our own community?
2. How the physical structure of schools and classrooms are so indicative of the prevailing Industrial Age model of education.
3. TIE and NECC – possibilities
4. Are we, in our current roles, helping to push and model Learning 2.0?
5. What would a Web 2.0 starter package look like for educators just getting their feet wet with all this? Some ideas that were tossed around were Google Reader – frontloaded with a couple of subscriptions (Warlick was mentioned, as he was one of the first bloggers many of us had read), del.icio.us, and Twitter.
Thanks, Ben and all, for a productive Sunday evening!